Friday, June 1, 2007

MY 12 YEAR OLD DENTIST

Well, she isn't actually 12, although she does have a pony tail. I figure she is probably somewhere in her very early 30's, a nice warm confident person who is super comfortable to talk to. The office as I said in my last blog has only been open a few months. It's a beautiful, comfortable office with all the newest equipment including an x-ray machine which not only takes x-rays but also has a miniature camera. The technician took pictures of all my teeth for the dentist to see. Even the drill looks high tech, intimidating but high tech nonetheless.

Needless to say, because I have ignored my teeth forever, there is a lot of work to be done. One tooth must be pulled, two teeth required root canals, then caps, and two more have cavities. As I promised on my last blog, I have committed to having all the work required done. I start the first 4 hours of treatment on June 5. I also plan on having the whitening procedure after my teeth have been fixed. I should end up with a brilliant smile, even as my face is deteriorating with age.

I think I have known this would happen because fortunately I have been saving money all this time. I really wasn't surprised,and didn't faint or cry when the office manager told me how much all this would cost. Even with my dental insurance, the amount is in the 4 figures but I feel all this work is necessary to save whatever teeth I have left. It's something I have to do, no matter how much fear is involved.

So we will start next week and continue until the job is done. The dental dragon is not as intimidating as I thought it would be, but then, the work hasn't been started yet. Stay turned for dental bulletins as we proceed.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Take drugs...lots and lots of drugs;~)

the moose buyer said...

You know how much I hate taking pain meds. Now that I have made the decision to get EVERYTHING required done, I am just going to search for all my brave genes (do I even have any?) and do it.

Joan said...

You will do just fine...don't worry. And just keep focusing on that beautiful bright smile you'll have once it's all over. :~D

Anonymous said...

sure Joan, a beautiful smile and Auntie Evelyn's wrinkles!!!