Friday, June 8, 2007

HILTON INCARCERATION 2

I just read that the Judge has not only ordered Paris back to jail for 45 days and the picture of her being transported shows that she was handcuffed, without makeup, discheveled and crying. She just looks like crap.

I am a very sympathic person, but I just cannot find it in my heart to look upon this with mercy. Maybe it's because in the back of my mind, I might just envy her gazillion dollars and wish I just had a very small portion but I don't think that's the reason. Mainly I have a problem with people driving under the influence. As a matter of fact, I am one of the several designated drivers at our Moose Family Center so that people who are drinking are not forced to drive home. We never asked anyone for money because it's what we consider part of our community service. There have been times when we are still driving people home in the middle of the night.

I say this, not to take any credit for any good deeds but to question someone who has the means to hire drivers, yet selfishly or stupidly gets behind the wheel. Not once but even after being caught, doing it again.

For that alone, I sincerely feel her being returned to jail is more than fair. By the time she lives on bread and water for 45 days, maybe her taste for alcohol will have vanished along with her "better than thou" attitude.

I want to thank the Judge for teaching Paris what the majority of Americans understand about being conscientous, reliable citizens. Let's hear a hip hip hooray for him.

9 comments:

Patti said...

I'm with you on that Hip Hip Hooray for the judge!

She's just too pampered. Some are saying she is being made an example of, but she did the wrong thing.
It's called consequences.

the moose buyer said...

You know I should have titled this blog "THE LAST TIME I SAW PARIS". I bet some newspaper will have that headline.

Heck no she isn't being made an example. She is just getting the justice the rest of us American peasants get when we drive drunk.

Patti said...

and we are all peasants compared to her ~ she has inherited an unimaginable amount

Joan said...

Paris was heard wailing "it's not fair" as she was led from the courtroom. After all this, she still doesn't get it. Paris..."fairness" is exactly what going back to jail is all about.

Cherie said...

NIce blog...first time visitor......do you think Paris will get out, become more popular than ever since her bad girl image will have jail time attached to it, maybe write a best selling book?

I have to say though, that, I did have a moment of genuine sorrow for her, for I wonder if she has, for the first time in her life, felt what it's like to be vulnerable, and alone, and truly frightened. Or is she indeed so spoiled that what I saw as vulnerable, is just a rotten temper tantrum attitude and refusal to enter into our normal world? Is she just sticking her fingers in her ears and screaming "lalalalalala" for 45 days - no attention paid, no lesson learned?

Quite a thing, isn't it.....

the moose buyer said...

cherie, thanks for the blog compliment. Since she was yelling it's not fair, I don't think she will learn from this. The sad part is that these kids like her, Lindsay Lohan, Brittany Spears and the likes blame the photographers chasing them but continue to fuel the fire by their horrible behavour. Where will it end???

Pam said...

Indeed, the judge gets the Hip Hip Hooray from me. But so much for the bread and water. Did you hear what her "medical condition" was? She wouldn't eat or drink for three days because what goes in must come out and she was afraid that one of the guards would snap a pic of her on the toilet!

I'm a tender-hearted person, but like you, I have a hard time (impossible, actually) feeling sorry for Ms. Hilton. I do hope she comes away from this with some new-found insight...

Anonymous said...

What she actually said was, "It's not right!" Silly thing, of course it is - finally.
I have a problem with the dee-wee (first time I ever heard a DUI called that!) but THEN she flaunted probation TWICE! That's like giving the finger to society. Nope, it is time she understands the consequences of her own actions.

the moose buyer said...

I guess she is having a revelation in jail and supposedly this is going to change her life. YEAH, hopefully she will change so she won't be stupid enough to drink and drive.