Friday, May 18, 2007

If She Insists on helping......

In my last blog, I was angry because my co-buyer was doing my job and it frustrated me because I am constantly listening to her complaining to our boss that she has too much work. Of course, this is a woman who has no friends or life for that matter so she starts work early, works late and sometimes works Saturdays.

It's now 4 hours later and I have cooled off. I have realized that being angry doesn't get me anywhere because no matter what, nothing will change (I know this because it's been the same way between us for almost 4 years). Instead of being angry with her, I have decided to just feel sorry for her. I have a great life, wonderful family, super friends and being involved in the Moose organizations keeps me busy most evenings and weekends. I am a very lucky person as compared to my poor pathetic co-buyer who is married to this company because she is a lonely woman.

Now I feel better. I still have to be here 2 more years until I retire but knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel in such a short time, makes putting up with her more bearable.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Whew...I'm glad you've calmed down. You are absolutely right...this woman deserves only your pity. You are one lucky woman and I'm glad you know that!

Lynn said...

What a great way to 'turn your attitude around'. You're right, you can't change what she does, you can only alter the way you react to what she does. Good going!

Patti said...

Glad to read that you came to the realization this co-worker deserves your pity.
Isn't blogging about things that bother us a wonderful concept?
;~)
I had a horrible (for me) incident that ruined my Saturday. I may even blog about it. It too was work-related.