Saturday, August 4, 2007

Things accomplished this Saturday.

I love Saturdays because I can get things done because work really cuts into my usual days. Today I had a few things to do and I surprised myself by completing the list which was in my mind but not on paper.

First I went grocery shopping very early (8:30 AM). There were hardly any others and although I find it hard to believe the luck, 2 cashiers were just standing, waiting for me - not really waiting for me but it was nice just walking up and being the first in line. The box girl even helped unload my cart. This alone foretold how successful a day I would have.

After unloading my groceries (at our local market, they offer to help you load your car and each time I ask if they will come home and put my groceries away too, the kids just crack up when they have to refuse which, unfortunately, they do every time).

I had to return two outfits I bought at Ross then walked down the mall (this is California - this mall is an outside one) into one of the little womens' shops and immediately found a rack with Hawaiian shirts. What luck is that??? I found two I liked but, unfortunately, not needing two, I finally picked one which has both black and blue flowers so I decided on it because I can wear it with either color pants (or bright yellow pants if I had the guts which I don't).

I have to take a slight explanation Women of the Moose detour here. When one gets one's top honors called the College of Regents, one is entitled to wear the cap and gown to certain Moose functions. Receiving the College of Regents degree is difficult to achieve, and although the outfit is really, really hot, it a great honor to be able to wear it. The Women of the Moose rules state that the gown must be 10" from the floor (I have no idea why such a rule but it is meant to be followed). After I lost my 144 lbs, my old gown was much too big, so my mentor, gave me another gown which of course is too short. Fortunately there is a 4" hem to let out. The last thing on my list was a trip to the dry cleaners to have my gown altered, since I will be wearing it quite a few times in September.

I am very pleased to have accomplished all my Saturday goals (well dusting was also on my mental list but that part must have gotten lost) plus I still have one more weekend day to enjoy. I just love the weekends!!!!

9 comments:

Professor Howdy said...



Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!


:O)

Lynn said...

Glad to hear your day was both productive and successful.

Joan said...

Yeah for Saturdays! Glad to read you found a Hawaiian shirt in just the right colors...can't wait to see photos!!!

Linda said...

Congratulations on finding a Hawaiian shirt for your party - it sounds perfect!

More so, congratulations on your phenomenal weight loss. Sadly, I seem to have found that weight your loss - or most of it anyway!

Anonymous said...

I love weekends so much. I have a four-day work week and STILL my weekends aren't long enough. I want a life of weekends.

Patti said...

Yep, weekends rule!
I'm glad to read you found the Hawaiian shirt you needed for the fiesta.

the moose buyer said...

rhea, joan has a lifetime of weekends and I envy her every day.

Patti, I to am happy I found a shirt. I was really getting tired of wearing the same old thing though I will probably only get one chance for the new one.

Linda, you are not the only one who seems to have found my weight loss. A lot of my Moose friends are complaining also but then it's easy to gain weight in a Moose lodge because every function includes great food.

Joan/Lynn I will make sure someone takes a picture of me and one of you can post it so everyone can see what a Canadian trying to look Hawaiian is like.

Michele said...

So I guess it won't be the canadian maple leaf shirt then, huh? Hehehe... I'm glad u found a shirt..woohoo... Ok, did i miss something here? U lost 144 lbs??!? whoa! that's awesome!!

the moose buyer said...

Michele, I had the stomach bypass surgery in Feb of last year and so far I have lost 144 lbs. I still have about 40 to go (mainly stomach down to knees) but I can't seem to get motivated in the walking dept to work it off.

Actually there is always a Canadian Maple Leaf on me. I wear one on my necklace along with a Moose charm. I am very proud of my Canadian/American dual citizenship.