Thursday, August 9, 2007

How do you say "Oh Heck" in Hawaiian

When I bought my Hawaiian shirt, I just picked it off the rack and didn't try it on. Last night I don't know why but something made me decide to try it on. Good thing I did because along the right underarm seam there is about a 4" slash. It's not the seam, it's about a half an inch beside the seam, not repairable. I did save the receipt (had to search the bathroom trash bucket but I found it along with the store bag) so I will go back to the store Saturday morning as soon as it opens and, hopefully, find something else in my size.

Oh well, just one more thing to cram into Saturday along with picking up my Moose Regalia gown from the cleaners, and spending time with one of my Moose co-workers picking out pictures from our July 14th Moose weekend so that she can make a video. I think there has to be at least 200 pictures between her camera and mine for us to sort though. We already have 40 orders (mostly paid) for the videos, so it's got to be done soon. We also have a surprise birthday party Saturday night for one of our male friends, so I must stop somewhere and pick up a gift certificate. I am thinking one from a new steak house in town would be perfect. I will do that after the picture session, after I stop for gas.

Keeping busy is nice but I wish the weekends were just a little longer. Sure would be nice to switch to 2 working days with 5 days off. Oh well, two more years and I will be off 7 days a week. I just can't wait.

7 comments:

Midlife Mom said...

Don't you just hate that when that happens! You think you have something bought and ready to go and now there is something wrong with it! I have had that happen too, grrrrrrr... oh well maybe you will find something even nicer!! That's a lot of pictures to sort through, good luck!!!!

Joan said...

Oh dear...hopefully you'll be able to find another Hawaiian shirt when you go to return the damaged on. Damn...and it was such a good deal!!!

It sounds like your weekend will be jam packed with Moose "stuff." Remember to leave some time for yourself!!!

the moose buyer said...

Midlife - now maybe that's why it was such a good deal (or maybe it was an honest mistake).

Joan, I have every evening next week so let me know when you want to do dinner!!!

Michele said...

Sigh... 2 more years, huh? I got like, hmmm.... 25 more years... sigh... have a nice weekend and take it a bit easy if you can...

Carole Burant said...

Hi Moose:-) Thank you so much for coming by my blog and leaving a comment!! I so enjoy meeting new people! Yes, unfortunately we do have quite rough winters here! lol Love the moose head...so many times we see moose on the side of the road, they're quite a common sight around here:-) Sounds like your weekends are even busier than your weekdays! What a shame about the Hawaiian shirt...good thing you did look instead of noticing it as you were dressing for the party! lol xox

Lynn said...

Hope you find something to replace it...otherwise you could always draw flowers on a t-shirt, or write the words "This Is A Hawaiian Shirt" on the shirt. lol

Patti said...

Moosie: I like Lynn's suggestion. Make your own "ersatz" Hawaiian shirt.

By the way, I'm also free any evening for dinner...