Monday, August 27, 2007

Aloha to Hawaiian shirts and parties

Saturday night was my last Hawaiian event for (I hope) a very long time. It was the third time in 6 weeks I wore a flower shirt and I really don't look very Hawaiian if you ask me.

This Moose party was about 75 miles south from our Moose Family Center but their members have been very supportive of our Chapter, and this is event signalled the opening of their new Lodge, so 4 of us decided it would be nice to show our support.

We had a wonderful time. The lodge building is small (two stores in a mini mall put together) but their members (about 70 of them) put on a super party with great Oriental food (I have always said the slogan of the Moose fraternity should be "it's all about food")wonderful music including a couple of Hawaiian dancers (1 from our group, which is one of the reasons we attended) and prizes raffled. I won a very nice pair of leather gloves which will be perfect for driving on those colder (it does get down to the 30's) winter mornings. This was the first time I had been in this particular town, but all southern California towns look pretty much the same if you ask me, and they all have the same MacDonalds, the Colonal, Burger Kings and pizza places, but we did notice that gasoline was about 10 cents lower.


The toughest part was leaving at 10:00 PM and getting home at midnight. I am just too old to be out partying until the middle of the night. I can't drink alcohol (diabetes) so I was in pretty good shape Sunday morning.

So now the Hawaiian craze is done!!! If you think I am finished with costume shirts, guess again. Friday night our lodge is having it's annual Hoe Down and the dress, of course, is Western. To be honest, I don't look any better in a western shirt than I look in a shirt covered in flowers and,I have never given in to the temptation to buy boots or a cowboy hat. Besides,I am so ungraceful, I can't even line dance, but I do enjoy watching the others and I plan to have a super time with my friends. Heck, maybe I will again win something terrific in our raffle. That would be a nice bonus.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Your social life exhausts me! You could just wear a white shirt, and a bandana around your neck.

Patti said...

I understand what you're saying about line dancing. Takes coordination!

good luck in the raffle

the moose buyer said...

Lynn, I have to get all my socializing in before our family curse of memory loss takes over, and I either get lost or forget who all these people are.

Patti, I couldn't do the line dancing steps when I was super overweight and the dancers kept telling me that once I lost weight, I would be able to dance but it just hasn't happened. Too many steps going too fast.

Midlife Mom said...

I can't line dance for beans! I've tried it a couple of times and just gave up. We have a lot of costume type events on the business conventions that we go to and sometimes I feel totally stupid wearing some of the outfits. At least everyone else is dressed the same so that helps! lol!
Yes, Buddy is looking good, he goes in Thursday for a check up and I have high hopes!!! Hope I'm not disappointed.

Joan said...

There are videos out there from the numerous weddings I've attended which prove, without a doubt, that I cannot line dance. Trust me...I'm no Country and Western gal.

the moose buyer said...

To be honest with everyone, I am not even a foxtrot person, and my cousins will confirm that I am not a costume person. I don't even dress for our Moose Halloween party.

Midlife, I am so happy Buddy is better. I really know how tough it's been on you guys