Monday, August 6, 2007

Monday morning musings...

Well it's not the usual Monday morning here at the office because it's pretty quiet. No hot purchasing problems so I guess it will be a filing day. I hate filing and make it the last possible thing to do.

There are a couple of good things to report. First my beloved University of Southern California Trojan Football team has been named number 1 on the College Poll for the upcoming season. That's great news but, of course, it will also make them the number 1 target for everyone to beat but I have confidence that the team will give a good show for every game. We are lucky this year because most of the team are returning players which is why I guess we have been rated number 1. I just love Football. It's my favorite sport.

My other reason for celebrating is that finally in our town, regular Arco gasoline is selling for $2.75 per gallon. It was as high as $3.50 only 2 months ago. I have a Ford Expedition which was filling up every week for $60.00. Yesterday it only took $40.00 so I am very happy. I don't know how long it will stay under $3.00 at Arco (everyone else is still $3.09) so for now I will be very grateful.

I know it doesn't take much for me to cheer but a number 1 team, lower gasoline prices and nothing critical here at the office seem like pretty good reasons to me.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Hi Moosie: Ralph got premium gas in the van Saturday (he occasionally gives it a treat) and it cost $83 to fill up.

Midlife Mom said...

Nice about the gas prices! I have a Tahoe and it usually costs me about $60.00 to fill 'er up! Yikes! Can you imagine 20 years ago if we had said that gas would be that high???? People would have laughed their heads off.

Great that you found your Hawaiian shirt! What good luck that was.

Glad you liked all the moose in my cottage and I only showed about half of them. I just found some moose fabric to make a tote out of, I'll tell Joan it would make you a nice Christmas gift! heehee!

Lynn said...

Wow, gas at $2.50? I was near your neck of the woods on Friday and while it was under $3 a gallon, it was no where near $2.50. However, I didn't go to an Arco. As far as your beloved USC Trojans...um, it sounds weird to yell out "Go Trojans"...if you know what I mean.

the moose buyer said...

Patti, I had the Ford van with the double tanks so I know what Ralph goes through filling his. It's not cheap even when gas is low.

Midlife Mom - I love everything Moose and we Moose members have a saying that we are the only ones who can possibly think a Moose is beautiful but we really do.

Lynn, the Arco gas was $2.75 but it would be wonderful if it goes down to $2.50. An impossible dream but wonderful.

Patti said...

good morning ~ you've been tagged