Monday, November 5, 2007

A very sad day

Today is a very sad day for me. Our executive Vice-President left our company.

I have a couple of reasons for being sad. First, this is the 2nd company I have worked for this wonderful man. Before I came here, I worked for him 8 years at our last company which was acquired by a major corporation and closed. When he came here, he offered me a job which I immediately accepted.

Unfortunately, my co-buyer had someone else in mind for the job and over the past 4 and a half years has never gotten over my getting the job. I have written about her on this blog before. She has never been nice to me and the only time she has ever spoken to me since I started all those years ago has been to be sarcastic and critical. This past year it got worse and this wonderful man went to bat for me to our relatively new boss and the sarcasm and critical attitude disappeared.

Now he has gone to work with the management of our former company who have started a new company and I am alone with no protection here. What will happen, I have no idea. I know for sure that the new company will not have a place for me because it's a start up company with very little money for an experienced senior buyer. I must remain here and hope for the best. I love this company, except for my co-buyer, and I really plan on finishing out my purchasing career here. Whether or not I remain the next two years is to be seen.

In the meantime, I mourn the departure of my wonderful mentor and hope everything works out for the best for both of us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry it worked out for you this way. I wish he could have stayed. Maybe C. will have an accident!

Patti said...

sorry to hear your mentor has left the company, Moosie. That must be very difficult to take.

Joan said...

Breathe deeply and repeat after me:

"Only two more years
Only two more years"

Now...do you feel better. :~)

the moose buyer said...

Thanks Joan I will tell you after our first staff meeting this afternoon. By the way it's the first staff meeting since J started here a year and a half ago. Is it a co-incidence that he waited until after S left the company?? We shall see what happens.

Linda said...

Good luck to you, it's always tough when you lose a fellow co-worker that you truly enjoy.

Carole Burant said...

Awww, I can well imagine how much you will miss him but maybe things won't be as bad as you think for you. There always has to be one co-worker in the bunch that has to make life miserable for others, though. Congratulations on winning the best original costume at the Halloween party!! You looked great as a bag lady! hehe xoxo

Michele said...

Oh gosh, I sorta understand what you are going through. I really do. I have one co worker that protects me, sorta. Not totally but she will go to bat for me if she sees others bullying me too much or if my work load is a little unfair. But she has been their for almost 15 years and she's going to retire soon and if I stick around when this happen, I'll be alone in the lion's den and I can see them all salivating and sharpening their claws. But I'm going to hold my head up high, and do my best and hope that all that I learned will be all that is needed to stay on.
It's only 2 more years and I know you can do it! Stay strong... stay proud! Show me how it's done.

Lynn said...

That stinks! Hopefully the new management will keep rancid co-worker under control.