Monday, January 14, 2008

Football season withdrawl stage one.

it must be obvious by now that I am a big football fan. I happily cheered my beloved University of California Trojans to a win in the Rose bowl and I have been staying up nights (not) worrying that our wonderful coach Pete Carroll would bolt for one of the Pro teams next season. Fortunately for us, at this point, he has decided to stay with USC which is the best news.

While I love the game (High school, College, Pro) in general, outside of the Trojans, I don't have allegiance to any pro team because Los Angeles doesn't have one so I can enjoy any pro game on TV without the heartbreak of a loss. The past three weeks have been the most exciting. Yesterday there were a couple of defeats which suprised everyone. Dallas Cowboys and Indianapolis Colts both lost. The San Diego Chargers beat the Colts. That was a big big shocker. Since San Diego is really the closest team to us, many Angelenos are cheering for the first time in a very long time. My friend's son-in-law is probably on the biggest high. He loves the Chargers and has more collectibles than any one I have ever seen.

Me, I am just enjoying the games while they are being played, knowing that in three weeks the season will be over. I am already suffering the pangs of withdrawl and will soon start counting the months until August when they start over again. Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy the playoffs and look forward to Super Bowl Sunday, our biggest Moose day of the year. Free food always brings out the crowd. This year should be no exception. As I do every year, I will miss football desperately. I am already in the first stage of depression!!!

7 comments:

Patti said...

Don't get depressed, just blog!!
It's therapeutic.

Midlife Mom said...

I agree with Patti, just do more blogging for us!!!

I remember when my son started playing football I didn't have a clue what was going on. It didn't take long though and I was hooting and hollering with the best of them! I used to love those cool, crisp fall nights at the football field with the band playing, the cheeleaders cheering and the smell of hotdogs and onions in the air. I miss it!

Michele said...

Did someone mention free food? :D

the moose buyer said...

Michele, free food at a Moose lodge is like the call of the wild. Members we NEVER see all year show up just for the free food even if they don't like football. After I had the stomach bypass and couldn't eat like I did before, I started watching people pile their plates like there was no tomorrow. Makes me laugh and I wonder if I used to do that too.

Midlife Mom said...

I picked that moose header out cause I knew you would like it!

Just talked with the vet. He put Buddy on 1 gram of butte twice a day for three days. Then we wait for three days and see if he is still sore. If not all is okay. If he is still sore I will need to take him in for tests. Sigh......I feel like crying but I shouldn't be so negative, it could be that the ground in the inside arena is just getting harder with the cold and is hard on his bare feet. We are going to go Saturday and get him some Mac Boots to wear when I ride him and they are rubber and will be softer. He needs the exercise as his ankles stock up and riding him takes the fluid down so it's kind of a catch 22. But it may not be as bad as I am thinking, it may just be the hard ground.

Thanks for caring!!!! xoxo

Rising Rainbow said...

Wait a minute here, your a moose buyer and your allegiance is to LA. How did that happen?? I think I missed something here. LOL

and I agree with the comment above, don't get depressed, blog!

the moose buyer said...

rainbow, I live near Los Angeles (about 70 miles north) and my university is Southern California. I am a moose buyer because I belong to the Women of the Moose and bought the Moose for our lodge. I am also a buyer by profession. Thanks for visiting by the way. I appreciate all who make comments on my blog.