Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years and undecorating comments.

I don't mind decorating for the holidays, in fact I absolutely love it and start Thanksgiving weekend. The house looks great inside with my village in the front window (I leave the drapes open the entire month) and mini lit up trees, along with my Christmas mooses (I have about 10 of them including 4 which hang on the walls and play music when you squeeze them). My neighbors love the village and usually stop as they walk by to inspect and make wonderful comments. The outside is lit up with lights on the bushes and Christmas Moose wreaths all about. Even my SUV has a wreath on the front of it for the holidays.

Unfortunately in only a month, everything has to come down and that's what I absolutely hate to do. Boxing everything up for the shed is so depressing to me. I have decided to leave the village up for the winter at least. It's not exactly a Christmas village, merely a Victorian one. Some of the houses have decorations on them but from the outside, one can't tell. Everything else including the skating park, carousel, train station and City hall plus all the accessories are your run of the mill late 1800's little town so it won't look strange from the outside.

This New Years I have decided not to go to our Moose family Center. I am one of the few who doesn't drink and I always feel obgligated to be a designated driver. This means that at 2:30 AM, I am still driving around town. I am too old to be driving at that hour of the morning. I will be going to Lynn's and she lives close to the office (I have work tomorrow). I will let one of them explain their New Year's tradition. Suffice to say it will be nice for me to visit with my Aunt and I always enjoy spending time with the girls,their hubby's and kids.

So another year draws to a close. There have been some wonderful times (losing weight has been super) and some tough times this past month (losing my brother has been the pits) but we will move forward, and hope that next year will bring more weight loss (don't say it Joan and Carla, I know exercising will help), the chance to visit with my Iowa friends at our Moose Convention in Las Vegas in June and hopefully making some more great memories to last a lifetime.

I wish all of you a very wonderful New Year and hope that everything you wish for comes true.

5 comments:

Michele said...

I don't like undecorating either. I think to me it's more work than anything because I like to put everything back into it's original boxes and wrappers and it does take time. But I am ready to put it away because it has taken so much room in my teensy weensy apartment.
I hope your 2008 is a wonderful year for you and that it's everything that 2007 wasn't!
~Michele~

Joan said...

And now you know why I don't decorate for the holidays!

And my one New Year's resolution for 2008 (if I made resolutions) would be not to bug you about exercising...I'm not the one to preach when I don't do it either!!! :~)

Carole Burant said...

I always say it's much more fun putting UP the decorations that taking them DOWN! I've got all mine down except for the tree...will do that the day after tomorrow. I need to get my containers from downstairs so that I can pack it all away...right now all the decorations are piled high on the bed in the spare bedroom!

New Year is a time for celebration of love, of life, of friendship. It's the time to thank God for wonderful friends, and to bring to their lives as much magic as they bring to ours...so here's celebrating our friendship and praying that its magic continues forever. Happy New Year to you and yours dear friend! xoxo

Patti said...

I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year, Moosie!

;-)

Rising Rainbow said...

I have snowmen that I leave up through the winter, like you're village, they're not specifically Christmas. And winter can be so dark and depressing, they help to lift my spirits.