Friday, December 21, 2007

Temptation, thy name is Christmas Goodies

As most of you know, I am a buyer, and for the past week, our department has been given every kind of sugar something in the world by our suppliers. I promised myself that I wouldn't give in to temptation of any sort, during this holiday season, which could cause a weight gain since I still have 40 lbs to lose after my stomach bypass surgery, and can't seem to get myself motivated to exercise. Logic indicates if I am not moving around fast enough to lose more weight, I must keep focused on eating very small amounts of healthy food, a very difficult thing to do with all the goodies being passed around.

What I have done this week is share with the other employees in our building who aren't fortunate enough to have suppliers bring them great tasting sweets. Everyone thinks I am the most generous co-worker, and I almost feel a twinge of guilt when they heaping thanks on me. Little do they know, it's the sharing which is keeping me focused on my goal not to gain during these times. If they happen to love the glut of cookies, brownies, chocolates and whatever else I can unload, then so be it.

I am still very thankful I had the surgery in February 2006. If I can behave through New Years, I might even make a promise to start exercising or just walking around the building and, hopefully, lose the 40 lbs by next Christmas. Heck, by then, I might even be able to indulge in a brownie or two.

6 comments:

Joan said...

Good for you! I know how hard it is to stay away from the temptations of holiday sweets so I commend you wholeheartedly. Now...about that exercising...

the moose buyer said...

Don't start baby cousin. Who knows, one of these days I might surprise you but in the meantime the next time we go out to eat, we could park farther from the restaurant.....

Patti said...

Moosie, I can e-mail you our address if you need to unload any more cookies and brownies.
;-D

Carole Burant said...

Lol I so enjoy the interaction between you and your cousin Joan! hehe I have a very sweet tooth so I can understand how hard it would be to stay away from all those goodies...I think it's a great idea that you're giving them to the other departments' workers!!

I don't blame you for filing a claim against your brother's estate to recoup the money you had to spend because of 2nd son's stupidity and greed. It really does sicken me when I think of how he's acting and all because of greed. Grrrrr!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!! xoxo

Midlife Mom said...

Thanks for the Christmas greetings Miss Mooose Buyer! I want to wish you and yours the same and all the best! You are so wise to give away all of those goodies! I have been given so much fudge it is awful and I have eaten way too much of it so I think I will get rid of the rest! Too bad the horses didn't like it or I would give it to them! lol! So sad about your brother's son. I see it happen way too often that these kind of people are just interested in what's in it for them. I hope you get your money back, I'd fight for it!!!

the moose buyer said...

Midlife, fortunately there wasn't any fudge this year. Joan will tell you I have a deep weakness for fudge and when we were in Georgia, I did buy and eat some white with cherry fudge.

Thanks all for your good wishes and I have faith that all is work out with Frank's estate. Luck for me I have wonderful people in Georgia working with me.