Thursday, February 8, 2007

HOW TO LOSE MORE WEIGHT

I had my last continuous appointment with my bariatric surgeon yesterday. Feb 9 will be exactly a year since I had the bypass surgery. My weight loss has been phenominal and for the first time in a VERY VERY long time, I can walk into a store and pick something to wear off the rack, which I did last week. I found a long dress to wear to a Valentine's party and it fits me perfect. This is great but I still have at least 50 lbs to lose.

The tough part is that I am down to solid bedrock and the only way to lose it (outside of starving myself) is to exercise. I have to get motivated. I am having an IPOD downloaded with Disco music and maybe I can persuade myself to do the "John Travolta Saturday Night Fever bopping" to this wonderful music down the walking paths on the grounds where I live. It won't be pretty and since I live in a senior park, I might give some old person a heart attack, but maybe it will start trimming the remainder of the weight off.

3 comments:

Joan said...

If John Travolta doesn't work for you, I can always buy you one of those Richard Simmons Disco DVDs...how's that for motivation to get you out walking?!?!?! Richard Simmons...yikes!!!!

Anonymous said...

it's John or nothing and I would prefer John in person as he was 25 years ago.

Lynn said...

Exercise...I can't believe that you actually used that word...isn't there some sort of rule in our family against women exercising?????