Sunday, February 11, 2007

FINALLY AN OPEN SATURDAY NIGHT

It's 4:30 Sunday morning and I am sitting her wide awake blogging. You may wonder why I am doing this at such an unGodly hour and I will tell you.

For the first time since last June 2006, I did not have either a Moose function or a social function last night. Yes, I have been busy every Saturday night for that long. I didn't realize it until last night but it's true. Between our lodge and other lodges in our district plus a few out of the district, there has been something fun to do most Saturday nights. These included parties leading up to and including the Holidays. During the holidays, I had a chance to visit with non Moose friends a couple of Saturday nights which was wonderful. I also had a weekend convention in September. It just seems that I was out somewhere all the time.

Last night, there was nothing anywhere so I stayed home. What to do?? What to do?? Hey, I haven't had a chance to relax and read for a long time. Harry Potter has been patiently waiting for me to catch up on book 6 and it won't be long until book 7 will be out so what better time to catch up with Harry and wait for the final episode? I remember reading the first Harry Potter book all night - it was that good, so why not do it again.

The truth be known, I fell asleep by 8:30. I must have been much younger when I read the first one. Anyway, so I sit here at 4:35 A.M. wide awake writing this.

Starting next week with the District Valentine's party, the Moose events begin again. Soon every Saturday night will be filled with Installation of new Officers at the different Lodges which I love to attend, even if I am not participating.

Now I know why I need the Moose fraternity so much. For the most part it's fun. Besides, attending something every Saturday night obvously keeps me awake!!!

3 comments:

Joan said...

Welcome to my world. If I'd known you were up at 4:35AM, I would have called you...it's awfully lonely at that time of the morning especially when you think you're the only poor soul awake. Yawn...

Lynn said...

Is there something in the air, besides rain???...I was awake at 4:30am too...luckily, I fell back asleep till 8am. We could have had a conference call.

Anonymous said...

this is too scary guys. Must have either been something in the air or our parents were having a party (probably Uncle B and Dad at a schmorgasbord) and decided they wanted us to be awake too. I wonder if F was awake at 7:30 his time too and if J was awake. I will ask both. Now that would really be something.