Thursday, October 18, 2007

this and that

First, I would like to thank Ralph for bestowing on me the "Christmas Spirit Award" which of course I have no idea how to post. I have mastered pictures but obviously not awards and have asked my cousin Joan to post it for me when she has time. Anyway I thank you very much Ralph. It's very kind of you to think of me.

Second, as many of you know, I spent a few Saturday nights last summer celebrating parties in Hawaiian shirts, gritting my teeth each time and hoping it was the last for a very long time. Did I say hoping??? Praying is more like it. Unfortunately one of the Moose Family Centers in our district is celebrating their 50th anniversary on November 3rd, and I am sure you can already guess what kind of party they are having and you would be right. I get to wear one of my 2 Hawaiian shirts again. Hopefully this will really be the last one for a very long time. How can one wear a Hawaiian shirt so close to the winter season??

Now that I have my Halloween bag lady outfit ready to go, I was thinking I could have gone as a Hawaiian bag lady. Outside of the shirt, I am wondering what they wear over there (do they even have bag ladies?). They cannot wear the infamous plaid flannel jackets, scarves and boots. Do they wear flip flops and shorts and flowered leis?? Just curious!!

7 comments:

Patti said...

They must have bag ladies there!

I am looking forward to hearing about the party ~ and those pix!

Joan said...

Okay...your wish is my command. The award Ralph has bestowed upon you is now proudly displayed in your sidebar!

Oh...and photos...we want photos...your dedicated audience demands photos!!!

Linda said...

Congratulations on your award and it looks just lovely on your sidebar!

the moose buyer said...

thanks cousin for posting my award. It does look spectular. I promise to take pictures at tomorrow's kids event and also at our adult party next Saturday.

Lynn said...

I didn't see any bag ladies when I was in Hawaii (not that I was looking for them). Maybe they all hang out at the beach in their bathing suits.

Carole Burant said...

Congratulations on the Christmas Spirit award:-) Well you sure are getting a lot of uses out of your two Hawaiian shirts! lol Can't wait to see you all decked out as a bag lady for Halloween...you better have your picture taken for us!! hehe As for bag ladies in Hawaii, I've never been to Hawaii so I have no idea! lol xox

Pam said...

I just read something about the booming homeless population in Hawaii, and that they are considering taking an old battle ship and converting it into a homeless shelter on the water, due to a shortage of resources on land. What do they wear? Thankfully, they don't need much in that climate! But homeless is homeless, even in paradise. Sad.