Monday, October 8, 2007

Lousy Sport Weekend for Los Angeles

This has got to be the lowest for Los Angeles and for me. First my beloved USC Trojans were creamed by Stanford. We were pegged to be 40 point winners and obviously the Trojans might have let that go to their heads and played like a horrible high school team. The question now is whether they can overcome this terrible loss and forge on for the rest of the season. There are some very tough games coming which will tell what the team is made of.

UCLA were also beaten by Notre Dame. Granted Olsen, their quarterback was injured in the first quarter and having to depend on a freshman untried quarterback left them unprotected. Hopefully Olsen will be back very soon and UCLA can salvage part of their season too.

This leaves the Angels who were demolished by Boston in three straight games. This might be the time for the Angels to give that famous baseball cry "wait until next year". Barry Bonds has been dropped by San Francisco. I am hoping the Angels will pick him up and use him as their designated batter. Barry still wants a World Series Ring and the chance to hit 3000. The Angels could use a strong batter without sacrificing a spot in their outfield so it would seem to be a possible marriage.

Both our hockey teams were idle this weekend so there wasn't even something to cheer about.
Maybe it's a good thing we don't have a professional football team because losing across the sports board would have been really awful.

Hopefully next weekend will be better. There is no doubt, it can't be worse.

9 comments:

Joan said...

USC Trojans lose...yeah! That's all I have to say!

Patti said...

Moosie, I don't follow sports.

Michele said...

I'm not a sports fan but just wanted to say hi. How's the Halloween costume coming along?

the moose buyer said...

Joan, you really know how to hurt a cousin!!

Patti, I love my Trojans and I really only follow baseball for the playoffs because it's boring the rest of the year. I don't follow basketball or even hockey (the Canadian traitor that I am).

Michele, I am ready to go and can't wait for the 27th when we have our party. There are some great money prizes and I hope to win one for most original.

Ralph said...

Well, if he NFL gets its way, there could be a losing NFL franchise in SoCal as well. Of course, the pro games seem to matter more in the playoffs. But USC is a very good football team, so they'll be back next week anyway. I shouldn't say, but I am a fan of the Red Sox...

the moose buyer said...

Ralph, I like the Angels but to be honest I too have a very nice soft spot for the Red Sox. I have always loved Fenway because there is no stadium like it anywhere and I do hope the sox go all the way this year.

The Trojans have a tough month coming up and we will see their true worth. Hopefully they have learned a few things the past two weeks.

Midlife Mom said...

Football here is THE THING to watch. I can take it or leave it but watch on occasion. So sad about Marion Jones. You said it so right about the ones that got her into this mess by urging her to use drugs which she probably didn't need in the first place! So sad.

Lynn said...

Here's some good news...Ten's soccer team won this weekend (Ten was unable to play due to an injury). Don't know about his baseball team (he missed that game too). So all is not lost.

the moose buyer said...

Lynn well at least Ten's team won. Cole's football team got creamed by about 40 points. I am hoping Cole is learninglessons in humility being the Captain of the team. When I see him this week, we will have a chat about winning not being everything (well except if one is a USC Trojan fan - HA..HA)