Friday, September 7, 2007

I know what mom and Fay are doing today

Yesterday I paid respects to my mom's childhood friend, Fay, who passed away on Monday. In my blog, I mentioned that I could see mom and Auntie Fay on a cloud somewhere catching up on the past 26 years since mom passed away.

Today my sister and I realized exactly where the two of them are. They probably have cushy front row seats to the first Heaven performance by Luciano Pavarotti. Both were huge opera fans and I can guarantee they would never miss this opportunity to hear Pavarotti sing in Heaven.

I also know what my dad and Uncle Sammy are doing while their wives are at the opera. Just as they did in life, they are fishing in some icy lake, probably soaked and muddy up to their waists, having a great old time just as they did every chance they got.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Ah, and that's why the call it heaven!

Midlife Mom said...

Nice tribute to your Auntie Fay in your last couple of posts. That certainly was a great friendship for so many years! Nice post!!

Lynn said...

This post made me miss your mom.

Michele said...

Heaven sounds so wonderful...