Saturday, March 1, 2008

Exactly how wicked am I??

I have written about one of my co-buyers in the past. I have worked at my present job for almost 5 years. This co-buyer has not been the nicest person to work with every day. In fact she has never been nice to me and most often whatever she does say to me has been mostly sarcastic comments. I believe it stems from the fact that she had another person in mind for my job, and has never accepted the fact that I was the person hired without anyone else being interviewed. It's been difficult, but I have managed to ignore her, knowing that I have only a couple of years to retirement, and outside of this particular person, the comany is a wonderful place to work and the rest of my co-workers are super.

Starting yesterday, this person is out on medical leave for at least three weeks. She has to have some sort of surgery and to be honest, I have no idea what the surgery is for. As I said, we do not speak so she hasn't told me and I haven't bothered to ask anyone because if the truth be told, I really don't care.

What I feel kind of wicked about is instead of being concerned about her surgery, I am very pleased that she will be out of the office. When she is gone for any length of time, the entire demeanor of the office changes to a more relaxed atmosphere. This co-buyer has a very strong negative personality, and even though she speaks with the others, her negative personality still permeates the department with everyone wondering what will set her off next. I have to tell you, it's tough being good all the time. I think I can count on one hand the times anyone in our department has had a good belly laugh out loud.

So I plan on enjoying the next three weeks, almost free of the guilt I should be feeling. It will kind of be a vacation from stress even though I will be at work.

I really kind of wish her well and hope that her surgery is successful but in the meantime I plan on enjoying the freedom and maybe we can be relaxed enough to get some humor circulating.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

You don't have even one wicked bone in your body. Enjoy the time without the 'witch'

the moose buyer said...

Thank you baby cousin. You always find the good in me.

Midlife Mom said...

It makes it so hard to have someone like that in your office. Like you said wish her well but enjoy the time while she is out!!

Michele said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today... I'm leaving for my third interview for a job in 30 minutes ... mind you it's only with Staples buy hey, it's a job! Woohoo... wish me luck!

Michele said...

Moose if you have an email I can grant u access to my personal blog which describes in detail the job interview... email me at tombacat2007@yahoo.com with your email... this is basically just your logon key to get in if you like :)

Patti said...

Moosie,
I don't think you are wicked. This woman sounds impossible. People like that must be so-o-o-o unhappy.

I had one of those a while back. It was such a relief when she left and took another job.

Enjoy the peace and quiet. ;-)