Sunday, March 11, 2007

HOORAY FOR TECHNOLOGY

The new time change had everyone worried just as we did when 2000 approached. Would our technology things like computers and cell phones change automatically, or would they wait for the originally planned change at the end of the month.

I too was a little concerned but not much. I really don't use my cell phone clock and having my home computer an hour behind for a month wouldn't bother me because I can always look at my wrist. No, I was more curious to see if the technology was up to date and if things changed as scheduled.

Well, it appears that both my computer and cell phones are smarter than me because both changed right on schedule and I am confident they will again correct themselves in November.

It always amazes me and I am very grateful that the techno geeks at the companies which control these things know exactly how to work everything so that us non techo mortals can go on with our lives without tripping over ourselves. Now if someone can tell me how to change the digital time on my stove everything will be right with the world.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Wow...you and I are way behind the times. Hubby has read that this new techno-savvy generation no longer wear watches...apparently cellphone clocks have taken over timekeeping for this new generation. So while our software may be up-to-date, apparently we're not!!!

Lynn said...

Push the button on your stove that says "clock"...