Sunday, May 25, 2008

Changes all around

I have been in a very deep blue funk for the past 2 months, and haven't even had the urge not only to write in my blog but to even open mine or others. All around me there have been changes from my home to my job to the Moose and small changes in between.



I will start with my job. The company hired a new Vice President to replace my mentor, and the differences are night and day. Whereas "S" gave everyone free reign to do our jobs, trusting in his hiring faith, "R" doesn't trust anyone, and micro manages EVERYTHING. It's not as tough on us lowly buyers as it is on the managers but you know how crap filters down, and the reports we are required to do so that the managers can make their reports, fill the days. It makes time go by very fast, I must admit, but the feeling of mistrust is everywhere, and it's not a very comfortable feeling knowing the questions of why things were done can appear at any second. One of the casualties is internet time. I know I can still use my lunch hour to blog, but I just haven't felt the urge lately. Hopefully the urge will return and I have promised myself to try to blog at least once a month.



On top of this, there are 4 of us buyers. I have written about the one who doesn't like me before, but I haven't written about the one I not only get along with, but also commute with three times a week. It's been nice the past 6 months having someone talking to me in something other than a sarcastic manner. This week she gave notice that she will be leaving the company and I am heartbroken. It's a better opportunity for her where her work won't be challenged constantly, and much closer to home, which will save her gas money, but I will miss her terribly, not to mention I will again be spending $70.00 a week on gasoline - UGH.



At home, things are better. I wrote in March that the gentleman who had been rening a room, passed away. He was 81 so it wasn't unexpected. His passing has given me the chance to discard stuff which has been collecting for a very long time. I have been sorting things to move to Iowa when I retire and things I really don't want to move. Goodwill has been the beneficiary of bags and bags of clothes. Having to discard "C's" clothes made me pay more attention to mine and what I no longer wear, and so far 5 huge bags of clothes have been donated. I have also discarded papers I no longer need plus old pills, lotions and stuff like that and will continue to sort and toss. Someone once said that if you don't use something for a couple of year then toss it. I have more than enough stuff to toss in that case. I also moved the treadmill into the family room. I realize that in order to continue to lose weight, I must exercise so each night when I get home, I try to do at least a half hour of walking while watching T.V. Hopefully the last 40 lbs will disappear.



As far as the Moose goes, unfortunately, the funerals continue and we have lost three more very good friends. I have come to accept the fact that because of the Moose, I know a lot of people. Unfortunately, it's very hard to lose these friends, but I also realize that we are aging and this is part of life. All we can do is show our love and respect for those who have passed, and remember them with fond memories and a lot of smiles and a few tears.



We also have new officers at our Moose Family Center, and since I am hoping to leave in the next year or so, I have decided to spend less time as an advisor, giving others who will need to fill my place time to establish their own credentials. The Chapter must trust the word of these women, but if they are not given the chance to help the Chapter grow while I am still here, there could be resentment once I leave which would be wrong not only for these women but mostly for the Chapter. Spending less time at the Moose has been tough but fortunately I am using the time to work around the house, so in the end I truly believe both the Moose and house will benefit.



As I said, there have been changes all around. I have been having my nails done every two weeks for the past 15 years by the same woman. Last week when I walked into the shop, I was told that she had unexpectedly sold the shop (not because of health ) and I must admit, I was not pleased with the work done by the new owner. I have an appointment Tuesday, and will give him another try because I realize every new person should have an opportunity to prove himself. If I am still not happy, I will search for a shop closer to home and hope I have the same luck I had 15 years ago.



So here I am, trying to get my changing life in some sort of balance. What will happen at work is anyone's guess. I son't want to leave the company, having such a short time left to work. My 5th anniversary will be in August and with it comes an extra week's vacation, so I will hunker down and hope the buyer hired will also be a new friend.



So here I am, trying to catch up. I hope everything is well with our blog friends. Unfortunately I haven't checked on anyone's blog the past couple of months. I will try to be a better blog friend and after walking on the treadmill hope to fire up my home computer and pay you all visits more often. In the mean time, keep well and know you are all in my thoughts, even if you don't hear from me.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Welcome back to BlogLand...it seems we've both found our will to blog again. Now if only that new boss would lighten up, everything would be good.

Patti said...

Hi Moosie!
I've missed you. Sorry you have been in a blue funk for all this while.

I've been busy looking at houses and condos with my mother,among other stuff. If you haven't seen our blogs, Ralph will be working soon (thankfully) as an independent contractor for a small auto repair shop. We are awaiting details from the owner.

We are also getting ready for our son to graduate from high school and head off to college.

Happy and sad all at once, right?

Midlife Mom said...

Hey! I am so glad when I clicked on your blog that there was a new post! I have been worried about you and missing your posts and comments. So sorry you have been having so many changes in your life. This is coming from one who hates change and finds it difficult to deal with. I do hope the new buyer will be someone that you can have a nice relationship with. Welcome back!!! :o)