Friday, February 22, 2008

It's time for another Moose convention

I haven't had much to blog about and hardly enough time to get everything done at work. I am taking 5 days off to attend one of my favorite Moose events. Each year there are two coventions. One is in September and the other in February. They alternate in the north (Reno Nevada) and south (this year it's in Irvine California). Since it's so close, many of our members are attending this one, including moi!!

Even though there are meetings to attend, what makes these events so much fun for me is getting the chance to visit with old friends I have met at these conventions over the past 20 years. The only chance most of us have to visit with each other is at conventions. Many come from all parts of California and Nevada, too far for us to visit their Moose Family Centers, so these conventions give us the chance to spend 3 or more days together catching up on what's happening at each other's Chapters, how the year is going, and with others, catching up on our families and what's been going on in our personal lives.

It's been a tough 12 months for me but with the support of my family and Moose friends, it's been easier to bear. Many have been supportive here at my own Moose Chapter but quite have only been able to support me in E-mails and this will give me a chance to thank them in person with huge hugs.

So I will be soon be off on another Moose adventure of fun and food. I am all packed (of course their are the obligitory Moose shirts in my suitcase). I will blog again once I return on Monday.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I know those of you in the mid west and Canada have had a very tough winter but here we are almost at the end of February and March will pass quickly. Soon my beloved lilacs will blossom, indicating that spring is finally spreading it's warmth and slush. If I remember correctly, there can't be a better word after a very long cold winter than the word slush because behind the slush comes dry sidewalks.

I will soon be back to report on a hopefully great Moose convention.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Have a wonderful time at convention and take lots of photos!!! See you when you get back.

Michele said...

Have a good time and as soon as lilacs bloom in another million days, I'll take photos... there's still so much snow around here... sigh.

Carole Burant said...

Now that sounds like it will be a fun weekend and as you say, it will be so nice to see all those people in person again! Have a greattt time at the convention and will look forward to hearing all about it on your return:-) xox

Patti said...

Hi Moosie! Welcome back to the blogosphere. I missed you.

Have a great time with your fellow Meese (Mooses?) at the convention.

I'll be looking for your post about it when you return.

Midlife Mom said...

I hope you are having a 'fabtabulous' time at your convention Moosie!! We will want all details and pictures please!!